HOw to apply
- Read carefully about the Europhotonics program and see if you are eligible to apply.
- Assess your financial ability in case you are not awarded a scholarship.
- Create your personal account on the Application Software, then follow the instructions that are given by the Application Software.
- Collect and upload all the documents required for your application on that website.
- Nominate two persons who will act as referees as the reference letters must come directly from your referees. The referees will directly receive a personal email with instructions to upload their recommendation letter. Do not wait for the last minute, as collecting the letters from the referees takes time.
- Check that all your documents are uploaded, in particular the Reference Letters.
- Do not forget to validate, otherwise your unsubmitted application will not be evaluated.
You can upload pictures and scanned documents in any common format (JPEG, PDF…) – PDF format is however strongly preferred.
Please do not send any paper-printed documents, the originals will be asked after selection.
- Your profile – to be filled online
- Proof of nationality: Clear copy of passport (preferred) or ID
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae (2 pages max)
- Letter of motivation
Officially certified copies and translation of your diplomas in English (first university degree and others – do not send secondary school diploma).
Selected students will be asked to bring the original diplomas at arrival. In case your current degree is not yet achieved, mention the expected graduation date. For students who are currently enrolled in their last year or session of a BSc or BEng program or equivalent, the original version of the diploma will be asked after selection.
Certified English translation of transcripts (marks/results obtained until now at BSc or equivant, MSc if available).
- 2 Recommandation Letters
The reference letters must come directly from your referees. Therefore you must provide in the application the contact information of the two persons who will write the recommendation letters for you. These referees will receive a personal email with instruction on how to upload their recommendation letters. When done, you will see in the Application Software that we have received the recommendation letter, but you will not be able to see the document itself.
The letters upload by yourselves will be considered as “Other references” documents and will not be sufficient to validate your application.
- Residence proof
Upload a document in English or an official English translation of the original document, which must have been issued within 12 months before the application deadline.
This document should certify clearly your actual address. It can either be:
– a certificate of residence provided by your municipality,
– a certificate confirming your place of employment or study/training, issued by your employer or your educational institution.
- Documentation of English language proficiency
Your knowledge of English must be documented by either a copy of your TOEFL score / IELTS report sheet or any proof/certificate attesting your English level. If you have studied in a university where the language of instruction is English, mention it in a signed letter.
- Other optional documents
d any printed Udocuments, the originals will be asked after selection.