Mobility is submitted to some rules defined by the European Agency and by the EuroPhotonics Consortium, which restrict the number of places at each partner institutions.
- Students must spend their study periods (30 ECTS courses minimum each) in at least two of the EuroPhotonics Consortium European Universities (Marseille, Karlsruhe, Barcelona, Tampere, Vilnius). Therefore, all the students must spend at least one courses term in a University of the Consortium other than Aix-Marseille.
- At least two of the countries visited during the Master must be different from the country in which the student has obtained his/her last University degree.
- For Semester 2, for each intake, there should be an equivalent number of EMJMD scholarship holder students in Marseille and Karlsruhe, plus or minus one.
- For Semester 3, for a 17 EMJMD scholarship holders students group, the distribution of the group is carried out on the basis of 5 students in Marseille and 3 students in all other Europhotonics Consortium European Universities.
- Semester 4 (Master Thesis) can be done in a country different from one of the European Consortium European Universities. The subject of the Master Thesis must be approved by the board of Europhotonics.
If the number of students willing to spend their Semester at a given University of the Consortium exceeds the number of available places, a selection will be done. Everything will be done in order to meet as much as possible the students’ expectations. However, respecting the mobility rules is mandatory.
The mobility selection is done after the students have entered the program and depends on:
- the students wishes,
- their ranking based on their grades received during Semester 1,
- the wishes of the other students of the intake,
- the number of open seats at each EuroPhotonics Consortium European Universities,
- the mobility rules.