selection PROCeDURE & KEY dates
The selection process, which aims at recruiting top level candidates, consists of 3 steps.
Step 1 – Online application
The students submit their application online: previous academic results, academic background, CV, motivation & recommendation letters and other compulsory administrative documents.
Step 2 – Admissibility
The admissibility evaluation is performed on the basis of the documents uploaded by the applicants.
All the applications are analyzed by two evaluators of two different Universities, who will consider the results obtained in the previous academic education of the applicant, the academic background, the CV, the quality of the university of origin and the motivation and recommendation letters.
Only candidates with a good English level will be considered.
Based on the evaluators’ assessments, the Europhotonics selection committee composed by at least a representative of each Partner of the Europhotonics Consortium defines a first ranking list, divided into two sets:
- Admissibility List: applicants who are offered to enter the Admission evaluation step.
- Non-Admissibility List: applicants who will not be admitted to the program.
The students of the Admissibility / Non-Admissibility lists will be notified by email after the selection board’s decision.
Step 3 – Admission
Only the students from the Admissibility List can enter the Admission step.
The admission evaluation is performed on the basis of an online oral interview with the applicants from the Admissibility List and a panel of evaluators composed of at least two evaluators from two different universities.
This online interview will serve to assess the level of English of the student, the motivation and the overall level in physics and mathematics.
Based on the evaluators’ assessments and the rules imposed by the European commission, the selection committee composed by at least a representative of each Partner of the Europhotonics Consortium defines a final ranking list.
This final list is divided into three sets:
- Main List : best ranked successful applicants who are offered to join the program with an AMU-TIGER scholarship.
- Reserve List: successful applicants who are offered to join the program without scholarships. Time is left for applicants in the Reserve List to decide to join as self-financed students, or to benefit for potential drop-out from Main List applicants.
- Non-Selected List: applicants who will not be admitted to the program.
The students of the Main / Reserve / Non-Selected lists will be notified by email after the selection board’s decision.
Nov 15 – February 10
Online application campaign
Admissibility evaluation process
from March 1
Applicants are notified of the outcome of the Admissibility phase by email.
Admission evaluation process
from April 1
Applicants are notified of the outcome of the Admission phase by email.
Deadline for “self-financed” students