industrial & Non-Educational Institutions Network
The Partner Universities have already-established cooperation with non-educational institutions through their research programs and their collaborations with industry. Most of these companies are gathered into clusters.
Aix-Marseille Université (France)
KSOP (Karlsruhe School of Optics & Photonics) of KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) (Germany)
Barcelona Universities (Spain)
Tampere University (Finland)
Vilnius University (Lithuania)
The Partners are also strongly involved in various European and International networks in the fields of Photonics, which are teaming up industry and academia, such as
Non-exhaustive list of companies which have welcomed some of our Master students for internships or Master thesis placement.
- Agilent Technologies is the world’s premier measurement company and is specialized in Chemical Analysis, Life Sciences, Diagnostics and Genomics, and Electronic Measurement.
- Avantes, a leading manufacturer of fiber optic spectroscopy instruments and systems.
- AVL, the world’s largest independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines as well as instrumentation and test systems.
- The Berliner Glas Group, one of the leading European providers of optical assemblies and systems as well as high quality refined technical glass.
- The Bosch Group, a leading global supplier of technology and services in the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology.
- Bürkert, one of the world’s leading companies for measurement and control technology.
- Brandenburg GmbH focused on automotive lighting areas.
- Edmund Optics, is a leading supplier of optics and optical components to industry, specialized in designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and Opto-Mechanical equipment.
- Endress+Hauser, leading supplier in measurement and automation.
- HELLA, specialized in developping and manufacturing lighting technology and electronic products for the automobile industry.
- Jenoptik, an integrated optoelectronics groupwith activities in Lasers & Material Processing, Optical Systems, Industrial Metrology, Traffic Solutions and Defense & Civil Systems.
- Leica Microsystems, a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments.
- LIMO is specialized in the photonics industry (the leading company in laser beam shaping).
- XTRONIC is an innovative development partner and system supplier for the automobile industry.
- Nanoplus is focused on research on novel types of semiconductor lasers.
- Microworks stands for high precision at the crossroads of micro and nano technology.
- Nanoscribe is a company specialized in the field of nanophotonics. (experience in three-dimensional micro- and nanolithography)
- Zumtobel Group, one of the few global players in the lighting industry.
- Novaled AG, is a leader in the organic light-emitting diode field, specializes in high efficiency, long-lifetime OLED structures.
- Odelo, focused on automative signal lights.
- OSRAM, one of the two leading light manufacturers in the world
- Philips is the world’s largest home healthcare company, with important positions in lightening and consumer lifestyle.
- Polytec, a global corporation with a reputation for innovative optical products.
- Precitec, the specialist for laser material processing and optical measuring technology.
- ROFIN is focused on laser technology.
- SAUERESSIG Group, a worldwide industrial enterprisein innovative technologies
- SICK, one of the leading producers of sensors.
- KARL STORZ, an international company in the production and sale of medical instruments and devices.
- SphereOptics GmbH is specialized on the production, refining and calibration of materials and standards for diffuse transmission and reflectance.
- Thorlabs designs, develops and manufactures high quality components and systems for the photonics industry.
- TRUMPF is distinguished for technical innovations in all of its fields of operation ( electronics and medical technology, laser).
- Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers.
- Wetzel Processing Group is the supplier for the printing and embossing requirements.
- Yokogawa, one of the leading manufacturers of process control instrumentation, distributed control systems and test & measurement.
- Carl Zeiss Group develops and produces planetariums, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses and binoculars as well as solutions for biomedical research, medical technology and the semiconductor, automotive and mechanical engineering industries.
- Hamamatsu: the principal line of business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of optical sensors, high-speed, high-sensitivity photomultiplier tubes, various kinds of light sources (lamps), photodiodes, photo ICs, image sensors and other opto-semiconductor elements, high-power semiconductor lasers. The company is also focused on upgrading systems of devices that are optimum for applications involving fields such as biotechnology, semiconductors and medical care.
- Ocean Optics: the world leader in solutions for optical sensing. Its line of complementary technologies includes spectrometers, chemical sensors, metrology instrumentation, optical fibers and thin films and optics.
- Sensofar-Tech SL is a multi-national company specialized in optical metrology tools and providing consultancy within the field of the optical metrology.
- Radiantis, a specialist manufacturer of advanced solid state instruments for laser tuning.
- Gruppo Goded : specialized in fiber laser, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting.